Matt and I are super stoked to release this episode and it’s only one part of what became two on Hiring. Hiring the right people is absolutely critical to the success of your team.
We’re often asked by rookie leaders, managers and entrepreneurs how we do it. We’ve had our share of misfires as well as excellent hires in the last 8+ years.
One time I remember talking to an entrepreneur about his future and where he wanted to go with his company. He said he was ready to hire some full-time people for his team. I perhaps noticeably might have gasped, because looking back I realize how crucial the core team we started with were to our present success, and how badly it could have gone otherwise.
In Episode 5, we tackle answer to these questions:
- Is hiring an art or a science for you?
- How do you know when it’s time to hire someone new?
- How do you find and then recruit good people? What are the most effective ways you’ve found the best people?
- What makes an ideal candidate for you? (Talk about Dev, Support, Admin, In-Office and Remote)
- How does the interview process look and why?
- Who do you involve in the interviewing process?
- What tools do you use in that process and why?
- Cory falls in love with almost everyone on the first date, Matt you say you rarely fall in love – how does that work for you guys? How do you ultimately decide to make someone an offer?