So far we’ve talked about our back stories and how we got here and then our roles, responsibilities and relationship to set the stage for Episode 3 where we unpack about the beliefs, core values and philosophies we have about managing and leading people and teams.
In this episode, we’ll answer these key questions:
- What people and places shaped your views of management/leadership — good and bad?
- What do you believe about people and work?
- What is managing and leading people all about to you?
- What is the role of a leader? And what is the role of a manager? Is there a difference?
- Your team is part of a business. In that context, what is the purpose of business? And the peoples and teams in it?
- What are some of the core values / beliefs / philosophies you that make our team great and business successful? And why?
- Describe some of the best teams you’ve worked with and why they did so well together
- What resources (i.e. books, coaches) have you found most useful in shaping the way you lead/manage?
The Three Books I mention in this episode are:
- Leadership Challenge
- 12: The Elements of Great Managing
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
We’ve already recorded the next 3 episodes, here’s a preview:
- Episode 4 – The Culture We Cherish And Protect
- Episode 5 – Finding, Recruiting and Hiring the Best People, Part 1
- Episode 6 – Finding, Recruiting and Hiring the Best People, Part 2